Canadian Visitor Visa

Planning to Visit Canada?

To travel to Canada, most people need a visa called Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) for visa exempt countries. These visas could be single entry or multiple entry visas. Most visitors are allowed a six-month stay from the day they entered Canada.

A Temporary Resident (Visitor) Visa is not as straightforward as it appears. You have to know that it is no guarantee that everyone who applies for a Temporary Resident Visa will gets one, as you must meet certain requirements in order to get a Visa

As you are applying for your Visa, you must demonstrate the temporary nature of your visit. Whether your visit may be for travel and tourism, visiting family, or simply coming to explore Canada, you will be required to satisfy an officer that you will exit the country upon your visa expiry. A travel itinerary with valid return tickets goes a long way to convince an officer that you will return to your home country. Proof of employment, family ties and property ownership in your home country are also very useful for demonstrating your ties to your home country.

You may qualify as a business visitor if you plan to visit Canada temporarily to seek out new business opportunities in Canada, to invest or to expand on existing business agreements. There is no separate application for business visitors. The temporary resident visa covers all visitors, including those in Canada on business.