Family reunification is one of the pillars of Canadian Immigration Law

The Canadian government places significant emphasis on the importance of family unity and values. Canadian immigration law is designed to reflect that priority through several streams relating to family reunification in Canada. Different family members may be sponsored under the Family Class Sponsorship Program.

Sponsor your spouse, partner or dependent children

If you are a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, you may be able to sponsor your spouse, common-law or conjugal partner, or dependent children to come to Canada as permanent residents.

Sponsor your parents and grandparents

Parents and grandparents sponsorship is based upon a random selection of your expression of interest application. You must be randomly selected. If you’re invited to apply to sponsor your parents or grandparents, you must apply to become a sponsor and your parents or grandparents must apply for permanent residence.

Super Visa The Parent and Grandparent Super Visa is a multi-entry visa that provides multiple entries for a period up to 10 years. With the Super Visa, eligible parents and grandparents can visit family in Canada for up to two years without the need to renew their status.

Sponsor your adopted children and other eligible relatives

Canadian citizens or permanent residents may sponsor their dependent children to reside with them in Canada. This includes adopted children, and other orphaned family members. Other family members may be sponsored under exceptional circumstances.

If your family member can become a permanent resident, they can live, study and work in Canada.